Growing Long Hair: Olive Oil for Hair Growth September 8th, 2012 @ 5:23 am
When it comes to growing your hair, there’s a connection between growing long hair and using olive oil for hair growth. Even if you already have some sort of minor, moderate or severe hair damage, and even if you feel as if you have already lost hope for healthy long hair, fear not, you can still nurture and take good care of your hair in order to stimulate healthy hair growth all while using non chemical, safe and highly effective methods.
Women love it when their hair looks good. Whether this includes styling one’s hair using hair curlers, coloring their hair, relaxing the hair, perming the hair or straightening it using other methods etc. – the truth is hair is a big fashion statement to most women. Although changing your hair color and hair style can and usually does look chic and stylish, some of the hair products you may be using can have high concentrations of chemicals which cause more harm than good to your hair if used for a prolonged period of time.
You can grow long hair with olive oil since its an effective natural method you can use in order to achieve healthy, long hair growth. Keep reading to find out more about the benefits of using olive oil for hair.
Is Olive Oil Good for Long Hair Growth?
Olive oil can be used as a cooking oil due to the many health benefits that are featured within this particular oil. Its unfortunate that many people do not know about the link between healthy hair growth and olive oil. While its said to be very good for treating various skin conditions, olive oil is great for treating hair loss and there are other benefits of using olive oil for hair growth as well, such benefits are as follows:
- One of the main advantages of using olive oil for hair is because it helps to prevent hair loss and also works to stimulate hair growth. Many people suffer from hair loss because of the DTH hormone that causes a decrease to the hair follicle shaft. Applying olive oil to your hair will help prevent the production of the DTH hormones on your scalp, thus putting a stop to hair loss.
- The antioxidants found within olive oil also make it the right kind of hair oil to use in order to promote a healthy scalp. The chemical damage that can be caused by excess use of hair products that have a lot of chemicals can all be treated through the help of olive oil.
- Apart from being highly effective in helping you grow long hair, olive oil is an excellent natural conditioner for your hair, applying it to your hair will make it soft and shiny.
- The antibacterial and anti-fungal properties of olive oil also work in order to help you get rid of hair problems such as dry flaky scalp, dandruff, even head lice ! Looking for a stress buster ? Combine olive oil with lavender oil and massage onto your scalp in order to feel the relaxing effects.
Make Your Own Olive Oil Hair Treatment
The best way to use olive oil for hair growth is to massage it into your hair. Take one half a cup of olive oil and mix in another oil such as castor oil or coconut oil. Pour some oil into your hair and gently massage it using your fingertips, gently moving downwards to the tips of your hair. After this is finished, you should cover your hair using a shower cap or perhaps a warm towel. Wash your hair using a good shampoo and conditioner after 30 minutes.
There are also other ways to which you can which you can condition your hair using olive oil as part of your treatment. Below are a few methods to try:
- One way is to make a paste by combining olive oil with honey and cinnamon. At first you will heat the olive oil and then add a bit of honey and a teaspoon of cinnamon powder to the mix. Make sure to stir well into a mix and then you can apply it to your hair for 15 minutes. Rinse off using warm water and shampoo.
- Make your own olive oil hair conditioner by using 1/2 cup of olive oil combined in a bowl with 1 egg yolk and half a teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix altogether and apply it to your hair for 15 minutes, then rinse it all off.
As you now know, the advantages of using olive oil for long hair growth are endless. Results can be seen sooner if you use olive oil on your hair on a regular basis. One thing you need to remember is that various types of olive oil are in the market today and these include virgin, pure, extra virgin and extra light olive oil. When looking to buy olive oil for hair, its best to select the extra virgin or virgin olive oil since the other two kinds of olive oil have chemicals in them. With regular use of olive oil, you should soon start to see long, beautiful and healthy hair!